Sugar Land Child Support Lawyer
How Is Child Support Calculated in Texas?
Texas's child support formula works to figure out the exact amount that is believed to be in the child's best interest. This is typically determined by calculating the monthly resources of each parent and applying the state's guidelines to establish a figure. If the paying parent (or non-custodial parent) has a responsibility to pay for other children, this will be taken into consideration. Generally the non-custodial parent is charged with paying child support to the parent who has the right to determine primary residence. It is important to provide financial documents to your attorney so that a true child support calculation can be determined.
Other factors that will be considered in addition to financial resources include:
- The child's school and healthcare needs
- The child custody agreement
- Additional needs of the child
- Social Security or disability benefits
The team at Kutty Law Firm, PLLC has a thorough understanding of child support guidelines under Texas Family Code sec. 154.125. Whether you need to have child support set, modified, or enforced, you can rely on our Sugar Land family law attorney to assist you.
Enforcing Child Support Orders
Ensuring that child support payments are made in a timely manner is crucial for the financial well-being of your child. If the other parent fails to fulfill their financial obligations, our experienced Sugar Land child support lawyers can help you enforce the child support order.
Some of the ways we can assist you in enforcing child support orders include:
- Filing a motion for contempt: If the other parent consistently fails to make child support payments, we can file a motion for contempt with the court. This can result in penalties such as wage garnishment, driver's license suspension, or even jail time.
- Modifying the child support order: If there has been a significant change in circumstances, such as a job loss or increase in income, we can help you modify the child support order to reflect the current financial situation.
- Working with the Texas Attorney General's Office: In some cases, we may need to involve the Texas Attorney General's Office to enforce child support orders. Our experienced attorneys can guide you through this process and ensure that your child's financial needs are met.
At Kutty Law Firm PLLC, we are committed to protecting your child's best interests and ensuring that they receive the financial support they deserve. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and discuss your child support enforcement options.
Seek Reliable Legal Guidance in Sugar Land
In a divorce, legal separation, or a relationship between two unmarried parents, child support is the payment ordered for the child's care. Typically, the non-custodial parent pays the custodial parent. However, the process of calculating child support can be complicated if you and the other party are not able to come to a decision amicably.
The team at the Kutty Law Firm can assist a party in filing a modification for an increase in child support or a decrease in child support; further we can file an enforcement action for unpaid child support or defend a parent who falls behind in making timely child support payments.
Kutty Law Firm, PLLC is dedicated to providing clients with the quality legal representation they deserve. Whether you are seeking child support from the other parent of your child for the first time or you are going through a divorce, having the help of a Sugar Land family law attorney can help. If you are not receiving the payments you are owed as ordered in family court, let Kutty Law Firm, PLLC help you explore your options for taking legal action.
Every Case is Treated with Professionalism & Respect
We Provide Legal Advice on a Variety of Legal Issues
Attorney Kutty Has Over 20 Years of Experience